Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life after the Grammys

So it's been a little over a week since attending the Grammys and I'm still at a loss for words. I have mixed emotions about the entire experience. On one hand, it was an honor to experience the ceremony & witness the behind the scenes stuff and on the other hand, I questioned why i was I there. Like how do I fit in this world of, who are you?, what do you do?, who do u know ?, how do i make sure I outshine the next just to get new contacts? I saw that everywhere I went. It was like people upon people trying to climb their way up and honestly I was instantly homesick and disappointed with the realization that I didn't fit in. I guess some may call it a weakness but I genuinely want to connect and not just discipher in 5 minutes rather they are worthy of my time (based upon if they can advance my career). But that's just me.

Above all I was left with the question where do I fit in? Where is the spot that is just for me here, in hollywood. I'm still searching: and learning. Overall the Grammys are def an experience and you learn so much about the process. I am def constantly preparing myself and learning how to be the artist I want to be.
Practice makes perfect :)













No comments:

Post a Comment