Monday, February 4, 2013

Let's Just B.E.



I am who I am.  I am a person who loves learning, adventure, singing, dancing, baking, writing, reading, loving, motivating others, family time, laughing, working out, exploring, dreaming, creating, etc. I'm all those things, but not necessarily in that order:).  In the past, I'd try to have strict separations between my loves.  For example, I'd try to separate the artist in me, Green Tea, from the Praise & Worship member and leader, Tekeah.  In my mind, they had to be different. More specifically, Tekeah had to be different from Green Tea, especially in the church.  I don't know where that idea or thought came from but it was there.  I can remember ever so vividly trying to be like something I wasn't. But then there was a shift when I realized that Green Tea is me. Green Tea is how I sing in the clubs and also how I sing in church.  The only difference is my attire (as I'm not wearing a church uniform to my singing engagements lol Ever). My heart is the same. 

 But, I remember, as if if was yesterday, when I felt the merge....ha ha when Green Tea accidentally slipped out while leading praise and worship....it was there where I felt, this is you and who I've called you to B.E. Since that moment, I've been learning how to b.e. (be empowered). Slowly but surely, I've realized that I don't have to separate pieces of me. I am who I am. I be who I be. All the things that I enjoy and love are the ingredients that make me.  Hence, the revamping of this blog:)  Welcome! No longer will you get separate components music, health, family, etc....you're going to get it all lumped in one, right here on this blog. As all the parts are intertwined, so its no point in separating them:) 

**aside: I think a lot of artists experience a lot of sadness and or turmoil, because their image does not coincide with the core of who they are and what they believe....and then when they try to actually be who they are, they are generally rejected or experience internal conflict.  Do you know of any artists who have gone thru this? I can name a few.

I wonder, what things are you separating that could/should be together? Let me know your thoughts:)

Talk to ya soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment