Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 Write or Not 2 Write-- that is the question?!!

Its amazing the very power that's in such a little thing as writing. Not long ago I reviewed my planner's over the past several years. You see in the beginning of each planner, I put down the goals to accomplish for that calendar year. I found that the things that I took the time to write down are the things that I accomplished.

Some of them stayed on there from year to year, but eventually were accomplished non the less.

Let me share a personal side bar. In 2008, I made a list of the things that I wanted in my future mate:)....like no smoking, family oriented, saved, speak in tongues, job, etc. Wouldn't you know that this year I crossed off the last item of my future mate list.....in fact, that's what made me go back and look at some of the others things I've written. I realized that the very things I had written, I accomplished them.

I say all this to say that it is proven that the things we write down, we accomplish. We can use this in many areas and I do. Like as it concerns my eating and exercise, I set goals at the end of each week for the beginning of the next week. So on Sunday, I'll set goals like: eat 2-3 veggies a day, drink more water, exercise 3 days a week. etc . Sometimes throughout the week, I feel like I have forgotten them, but when I go back to look at them I realize that I have accomplished them. Subconsciously, I think your mind programs them in...lol.

Challenge of the week: set 2 or 3 goals for the week and then come back and review them. What goals have you set this week! Let me know your thoughts! Post your comments.

1 comment: